Tablet Screen Testing (Browser Apps)
Modified on: Mon, Jan 9, 2023 at 1:25 PM
Google Chrome has a built in utility to simulate browser display and behavior on different devices. Here are the steps to access the simulator:
- Load page in Google Chrome
- Right-click on the page and choose "Inspect" to load the DevTools screen
- Click the 2nd icon on the toolbar in the DevTools screen to toggle between normal and mobile simulation mode
- Move the DevTools screen to the side (it needs to remain open, closing will return to normal mode)
- When in mobile simulation mode, a drop-down menu of devices will appear on the toolbar above the screen (next to "Dimensions"). An edit option will allow you to add new devices to the list
- The icon on the right of the toolbar will rotate the screen from portrait to landscape (set to landscape)
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.