To initialize the integration, QuickBooks must be open in Single User Mode on the Presidio workstation. After the integration is initialized, you can return QuickBooks to multi-user mode.
Switch to Single-User Mode:
- Have all users log out of QuickBooks except for you.
- Log in to QB.
- Go to File → Switch to Single-User.
- All open windows within the program will close and then a prompt will appear indicating that QuickBooks is now in Single-User Mode.
With QuickBooks open in single-user mode, follow these steps:
- Go to a Job in Presidio that you are ready to invoice. This job should be for a customer that already has their "QuickBooks Company Name" assigned.
- Click the Job's "Summary" tab
- Right-Click in the white space of the "Invoicing" area at the bottom of the page and select "New"
- A list of the Job's Parts will be at the top of the window. The Quantity and Price will default from the Estimated Quantity and Price for the Job.
- Assign/verify the QuickBooks Item for each part
- Verify the Shipping Amount (this will default to the total shipping cost from the shipping tab plus a markup %)
- Click "Save". The invoice has now been added to the "Queue"
- From the Actions menu, select "Export Queued Invoices to QuickBooks"
- Check the invoice(s) to export and click "Export"
- QuickBooks will display a permission dialogue to approve the integration setup. We recommend selecting the option to allow the integration only when QuickBooks is already open.
- The invoice will be created in QuickBooks. If there were any problems, they will be displayed in the Invoice Batch list- Scroll to the right to review any problems (for example: Item not found, no matching customer, etc.).
To switch back into Multi-User Mode, go back to File → Switch to Multi-User.